Fotric 462 blackbody calibrator can increase the temperature reading accuracy and stability of an infrared thermal imaging camera system for a safer non-contact non-stop instant elevated body temperature detection and alarm! A blackbody is recommended by FDA/IEC for the temperature thermal scanner system to create a steady reference temperature.
- Large 4 inch x 3 inch emitting surface area, good for various distance
- Wide range, room temperature plus 5°C-100°C for various applications
- Physical control panel with display for easy onsite adjustment
- Emissivity 0.97±0.02, similar to human skin's emissivity
- Temperature resolution 0.1°C
- Temperature accuracy, ±0.2°C @ 36°C
- Settling time <10 minutes
- Temperature stability, ±(0.1-0.3°C) per hour
- Adjustable temperature compensation
- Voltage, AC 100-240V
- 1/4-20 UNC port compatible with any standard tripod or fixture
- Color: dark
- Compatible with Fotric 226B temperature screening thermal camera and Fotric 223B thermal scanner
- Compatible with all thermal cameras as an accurate temperature calibration reference including Flir, Seek, as long as the camera/software support a blackbody temperature reference
- Recommended temperature 40°C for Fotric 226B 223B temperature screening thermal camera
Example Use - Fotric 462 blackbody is detected by a Fotric 226B temperature scan camera
Fotric 462 portable blackbody calibrator source may or may not be needed/supported depending on the camera and software.
Compatible Temperature Screening Thermal Cameras
- Fotric 226B Non-Stop AI Group Temperature Screening Thermal Camera 384x288 Pixels High Resolution
- Fotric 223B Non-Stop AI Group Temperature Screening Thermal Camera 160x120 Pixels
- Infrared instruments
- Point radiometers
- Infrared thermometers
- Non-contact digital thermometers
- Temperature guns
- Laser thermometers
- Infrared cameras
- Thermal cameras
- Non-contact radiometric devices
- How to Set Up Fotric 462 Blackbody Calibrator for Fotric 226B Fotric 223B Temperature Screening Cameras
- FOTRIC 226B Quick Start Guide, Software and Instruction Videos
- FAQ - Fotric 226B AI group temperature screening thermal imager camera
- FOTRIC 226B Product Brochure and Manuals
Fotric 462 blackbody is a hot object. Please avoid touching the front face of the blackbody all the time.
FAQ - Fotric 226B and 223B AI temperature screening thermal imager camera scanner
Here is the list of possible issues you may encounter and the solutions/suggestions for your Fotric 226B and 223B AI group temperature screening thermal imaging camera and Fotric WLIR software operation.
1. Backlighting problem (cannot detect human face)
The recommended installation environment for the FOTRIC 226B and 223B is indoors with good lighting. Try to avoid a backlit environment, which can affect the accuracy of face detection or even result in detection failure.
When the device is facing a door or window, the facial detection failure in the figure below may occur.
It is recommended to change the orientation of the device or turn on the indoor lights to reduce the effect of backlighting.
2. Accurate focus
The FOTRIC 226B and 223B use manual focus adjustment, and it can only correctly measure temperature if its focus is accurate. If the focus is not accurate, the infrared image can be blurred, and the corresponding measured temperature can also result in a large error.
Blurred focus and inaccurate temperature
Accurate focus and accurate temperature
To use the device correctly, the visible and infrared images must be matched.
The picture below shows an unmatched photo. It can be seen that the visible light detection frame (right) is positioned to the face, while the infrared detection frame (left) does not match the face position. The temperature test result obtained is incorrect, as it has not read a human face temperature.
After matching, the face detection frame of the infrared photo and the visible light photo are in the same position, so the measured result is accurate
4. Threshold mode
The threshold mode directly displays the human body surface (face) temperature. The body surface temperature is greatly affected by the environment.
In threshold mode, the temperature compensation can be performed manually, and the compensation temperature value is ≤10 °C.
5. HawkAI Mode
The working principle of the HawkAI mode is that the FOTRIC 226B and 223B first collects the human body surface (face skin) temperature, and then automatically calculates the compensation temperature through the AI algorithm to convert the human face skin temperature into the real body temperature. HawkAI mode can adjust the compensation temperature value in real time according to the flow of people continuously passing the temperature measurement point, so as to adapt to the change of ambient temperature.
Please note: The AI mode is designed with caution. The goal is to screen out people with a high body temperature in the crowd, and then perform a second temperature measurement. Body temperature varies from person to person; the biggest difference can be as high as 1-2 °C. With careful consideration, please have the screened person to stabilize for 5-10 minutes, and then perform a second temperature measurement. If their temperature is still high, it is recommended to use a medical thermometer to repeat the measurement.
6. HawkAI mode data sampling
When using AI mode, the software will prompt: “You have to resample temperature for 10 sets”. We recommend sampling the temperature of 10 different people with variations, so that the temperature compensation value of the AI algorithm can fit most people.
7. No alarm above 40 ℃
When the measured temperature of the human face exceeds 40 °C, the software will not emit an alarm. The software’s upper limit of the alarm temperature is 40 °C. If the temperature of the human body exceeds 40 ° C, the person would feel unmistakably ill and should go to the hospital for treatment immediately. If the person keeps appearing in some places, he or she may use many methods to reduce his or her face temperature to prevent being detected by infrared thermal imaging devices.
8. The effect of distance on temperature measurement
First, we recommend that the location of the temperature measurement point is fixed, and the distance from the device to the measurement point is also fixed. Then the device is focused and matched under this premise. Therefore, when the person to be inspected reaches the temperature measurement point, the focal length is appropriate, and the measured temperature is accurate.
If the person being inspected continues to walk towards the IR imaging camera,
he/ she will be closer to the infrared camera, the focal length of the infrared image changes, and the measured temperature may increase.
Therefore, when the FOTRIC 226B or 223B thermal camera is installed, we recommend that the temperature measurement route to be arranged in an "L" shape. After reaching the determined temperature measurement point, the channel turns left or right by 90°.
9. Face detection
This function needs to be activated online for first-time use. Then the network
connection is no longer needed after activation. Please note: The network can be disconnected after activation, but do not disable the network, otherwise the software will prompt that it cannot connect to the visible light camera and the face detection function needs to be activated again. Please also make sure that the computer time is consistent with the local time.
10. Cannot display visible light image
There may be several reasons when the software prompts that the visible light (DC) image connection fails: 1. The USB cable connection of the visible light camera is faulty. Please reconnect or try again with a different USB port on the computer; 2. The computer may not have a camera driver installed. Please go online (Logitech official website: https://www.logitech.com), download and install the relevant driver. 3. Please check if the network is disabled. Disabling the network may cause the visible light image to fail.
11. Cannot display infrared thermal image
First, please make sure that the device 226B or 223B is power on, and the status light is green. Second, make sure that the device driver is installed correctly. Third, make sure the USB connection between the device and the computer is stable.
12. Windows 8 / 10 version of the driver cannot be successfully installed
For the software WLIR-IR v188.8.131.5278 or newer version, the driver is digital signed and the step of "driver signature enforcement" is no longer needed! Please check whether you downloaded the right version.
Please check whether the driver signature enforcement is disabled (Disable driver signature enforcement) . If this step is not performed ,the prompt below will appear. The second possibility is that a 32-bit driver (x86) or a 64-bit driver (x64) is installed on a 64-bit or 32-bit system, respectively.
13. Live detection
Live detection is a new feature that can verify whether the measured object is a real living body, which can exclude the effects of photos, videos, and screen recordings, etc.
Please note that this function will be continuously upgraded and may have a certain error rate.
To manually shut down, press and hold the power button for about 6 seconds.
If the device is disconnected from the software (software has been closed or the
computer is in sleep), the device will automatically shut down after 5 minutes.
15. Unable to detect faces
The face detection rate of the software cannot always be completely accurate. It is necessary to pay attention to these situations in which faces may not be successfully detected: people with black masks; people with long hair covering their foreheads; people with hats; people with less hair; people walking too fast, etc. Additionally, mis-identification may occur where other objects are mistakenly considered as human faces for temperature measurement.
16. Can the images not be saved?
You can go to system setting -> alarms -> uncheck the box for "Alarm snapshot" or "Face recognition snapshot".
17. Can it hide the digital image?
You can go to system setting and selece privacy mode. By this way, it will only display the infrared image without any snapshot.
18. Why do I get an error message "Invalid matching. ir image are not fully included in dc image." when I tried to match the IR and DC image?
This error message pops up when portion of IR camera field of view stands out of the scope of the digital image. The DC image position might be altered.
- Stand in front the camera, check whether the DC camera lens is aligned well vertically with the IR camera lens, if not, move the DC camera toward left or right to make the close vertical alignment.
- Get someone standing 2, 2,5, or 3m distance from the camera, remember this distance selection. By default it is 2m.
- Rotate the DC camera up/down to so every part of the person shown on the IR image should also be seen on the DC image
- There is a small arrow next to the menu "Match". Select the right distance and click "Match" to start the matching process.
- Move the red dot and green dot on both IR image and DC image around the human head. Make sure the feature position on the IR image can match the the same feature position on the DC image. Such as the ear, top left face corner, neck, etc.
19. What's the minimum computer requirement?
Computer with windows 7 or 10 OS and
- Core i5 7020 or above processor.
- 8GB or larger memory.
- 2x USB ports, USB 3.0 is better
- More than 20GB of available hard disk space.
- 1024 x 768 display minimum, 1400 or higher is recommended.
- Independent video card is recommended.
- Internet access.
- Audio output.
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse, or compatible pointer device.
- Microsoft windows 7, 32/64 bit (you need to install. Net framework 4.0 or the program will not work normally), or
- Microsoft windows 10, 32/64 bit
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.