Whether the goal is product testing or scientific research, heat can be an important indicator of how a system is functioning. The FLIR ETS320 is a non-contact thermal measurement system that pairs a high-sensitivity infrared camera with an integrated stand, for hands-free measurement of printed circuit boards and other small electronics.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE THERMAL IMAGER
- 320 x 240 IR sensor offers more than 76K non-contact points of temperature measurement, eliminates guesswork by pinpointing hot spots and potential points of failure.
- Sensitive enough to detect temperature differences smaller than 0.06°C, for fast identification of faults and thermal gradients.
- Measurement accuracy of 2°c aids in attaining quality assurance and factory acceptance of printed circuit boards.
- Ergonomically designed for lab electronics measurement, the ETS320 is battery powered, Wireless, and hands free.
- With complete measurement and analysis on the camera, the ETS320 measures small components down to 150 µm per pixel spot size, from a minimum focus distance of 70mm.
Thermal Imaging Solution for Electronics Testing
The FLIR ETS320 is an affordable solution for reducing test times and improving product design for electronic board and device evaluation. Whether the goal is R&D or product testing, heat can be an important indicator of how a system is functioning. The ETS320 helps engineers and test technicians collect accurate, reliable data in seconds and analyze it quickly.
The ETS320 thermal imaging solution is the first FLIR camera designed for quick temperature checks on PCB's and electronic devices in the lab. Save time and eliminate guesswork by measuring temperatures across more than 76,000 points at once with the sensitive, accurate 320 x 240 detector. Engineered specifically for lab electronics testing, the ETS320 is battery powered and hands free. It connects via USB to your PC for immediate analysis and sharing of thermal data.
- 320 x 240 IR resolution (76,800 pixels)
- Vibrant 3” LCD display
- 45° field of view
- ±3% measurement accuracy
- Records standard radiometric JPEGs
- FLIR Tools+ software provided
SPECIFICATIONS - FLIR ETS320
|IR Resolution||320 x 240 (76,800 pixels)|
|Thermal Sensitivity/NETD||< 0.06°C|
|Field of View||45° x 34°|
|Fixed Focus Distance||70mm ± 10mm|
|Spot Size @ Min. Focus||170μm|
|Object Temperature Range||-20°C to 250°C (-4°F to 482°F)|
|Accuracy||±3°C or ±3% of reading for ambient temperature 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)|
|Radiometric IR Video Streaming||Full dynamic to PC (FLIR Tools/Tools+) using USB|
|Non-Radiometric IR Video Streaming||Uncompressed colorized video using USB|
|Display||3 in, 320 x 240 pixel color LCD|
FAQ - Fotric 226B and 223B AI temperature screening thermal imager camera scanner
Here is the list of possible issues you may encounter and the solutions/suggestions for your Fotric 226B and 223B AI group temperature screening thermal imaging camera and Fotric WLIR software operation.
1. Backlighting problem (cannot detect human face)
The recommended installation environment for the FOTRIC 226B and 223B is indoors with good lighting. Try to avoid a backlit environment, which can affect the accuracy of face detection or even result in detection failure.
When the device is facing a door or window, the facial detection failure in the figure below may occur.
It is recommended to change the orientation of the device or turn on the indoor lights to reduce the effect of backlighting.
2. Accurate focus
The FOTRIC 226B and 223B use manual focus adjustment, and it can only correctly measure temperature if its focus is accurate. If the focus is not accurate, the infrared image can be blurred, and the corresponding measured temperature can also result in a large error.
Blurred focus and inaccurate temperature
Accurate focus and accurate temperature
To use the device correctly, the visible and infrared images must be matched.
The picture below shows an unmatched photo. It can be seen that the visible light detection frame (right) is positioned to the face, while the infrared detection frame (left) does not match the face position. The temperature test result obtained is incorrect, as it has not read a human face temperature.
After matching, the face detection frame of the infrared photo and the visible light photo are in the same position, so the measured result is accurate
4. Threshold mode
The threshold mode directly displays the human body surface (face) temperature. The body surface temperature is greatly affected by the environment.
In threshold mode, the temperature compensation can be performed manually, and the compensation temperature value is ≤10 °C.
5. HawkAI Mode
The working principle of the HawkAI mode is that the FOTRIC 226B and 223B first collects the human body surface (face skin) temperature, and then automatically calculates the compensation temperature through the AI algorithm to convert the human face skin temperature into the real body temperature. HawkAI mode can adjust the compensation temperature value in real time according to the flow of people continuously passing the temperature measurement point, so as to adapt to the change of ambient temperature.
Please note: The AI mode is designed with caution. The goal is to screen out people with a high body temperature in the crowd, and then perform a second temperature measurement. Body temperature varies from person to person; the biggest difference can be as high as 1-2 °C. With careful consideration, please have the screened person to stabilize for 5-10 minutes, and then perform a second temperature measurement. If their temperature is still high, it is recommended to use a medical thermometer to repeat the measurement.
6. HawkAI mode data sampling
When using AI mode, the software will prompt: “You have to resample temperature for 10 sets”. We recommend sampling the temperature of 10 different people with variations, so that the temperature compensation value of the AI algorithm can fit most people.
7. No alarm above 40 ℃
When the measured temperature of the human face exceeds 40 °C, the software will not emit an alarm. The software’s upper limit of the alarm temperature is 40 °C. If the temperature of the human body exceeds 40 ° C, the person would feel unmistakably ill and should go to the hospital for treatment immediately. If the person keeps appearing in some places, he or she may use many methods to reduce his or her face temperature to prevent being detected by infrared thermal imaging devices.
8. The effect of distance on temperature measurement
First, we recommend that the location of the temperature measurement point is fixed, and the distance from the device to the measurement point is also fixed. Then the device is focused and matched under this premise. Therefore, when the person to be inspected reaches the temperature measurement point, the focal length is appropriate, and the measured temperature is accurate.
If the person being inspected continues to walk towards the IR imaging camera,
he/ she will be closer to the infrared camera, the focal length of the infrared image changes, and the measured temperature may increase.
Therefore, when the FOTRIC 226B or 223B thermal camera is installed, we recommend that the temperature measurement route to be arranged in an "L" shape. After reaching the determined temperature measurement point, the channel turns left or right by 90°.
9. Face detection
This function needs to be activated online for first-time use. Then the network
connection is no longer needed after activation. Please note: The network can be disconnected after activation, but do not disable the network, otherwise the software will prompt that it cannot connect to the visible light camera and the face detection function needs to be activated again. Please also make sure that the computer time is consistent with the local time.
10. Cannot display visible light image
There may be several reasons when the software prompts that the visible light (DC) image connection fails: 1. The USB cable connection of the visible light camera is faulty. Please reconnect or try again with a different USB port on the computer; 2. The computer may not have a camera driver installed. Please go online (Logitech official website: https://www.logitech.com), download and install the relevant driver. 3. Please check if the network is disabled. Disabling the network may cause the visible light image to fail.
11. Cannot display infrared thermal image
First, please make sure that the device 226B or 223B is power on, and the status light is green. Second, make sure that the device driver is installed correctly. Third, make sure the USB connection between the device and the computer is stable.
12. Windows 8 / 10 version of the driver cannot be successfully installed
For the software WLIR-IR v188.8.131.5278 or newer version, the driver is digital signed and the step of "driver signature enforcement" is no longer needed! Please check whether you downloaded the right version.
Please check whether the driver signature enforcement is disabled (Disable driver signature enforcement) . If this step is not performed ,the prompt below will appear. The second possibility is that a 32-bit driver (x86) or a 64-bit driver (x64) is installed on a 64-bit or 32-bit system, respectively.
13. Live detection
Live detection is a new feature that can verify whether the measured object is a real living body, which can exclude the effects of photos, videos, and screen recordings, etc.
Please note that this function will be continuously upgraded and may have a certain error rate.
To manually shut down, press and hold the power button for about 6 seconds.
If the device is disconnected from the software (software has been closed or the
computer is in sleep), the device will automatically shut down after 5 minutes.
15. Unable to detect faces
The face detection rate of the software cannot always be completely accurate. It is necessary to pay attention to these situations in which faces may not be successfully detected: people with black masks; people with long hair covering their foreheads; people with hats; people with less hair; people walking too fast, etc. Additionally, mis-identification may occur where other objects are mistakenly considered as human faces for temperature measurement.
16. Can the images not be saved?
You can go to system setting -> alarms -> uncheck the box for "Alarm snapshot" or "Face recognition snapshot".
17. Can it hide the digital image?
You can go to system setting and selece privacy mode. By this way, it will only display the infrared image without any snapshot.
18. Why do I get an error message "Invalid matching. ir image are not fully included in dc image." when I tried to match the IR and DC image?
This error message pops up when portion of IR camera field of view stands out of the scope of the digital image. The DC image position might be altered.
- Stand in front the camera, check whether the DC camera lens is aligned well vertically with the IR camera lens, if not, move the DC camera toward left or right to make the close vertical alignment.
- Get someone standing 2, 2,5, or 3m distance from the camera, remember this distance selection. By default it is 2m.
- Rotate the DC camera up/down to so every part of the person shown on the IR image should also be seen on the DC image
- There is a small arrow next to the menu "Match". Select the right distance and click "Match" to start the matching process.
- Move the red dot and green dot on both IR image and DC image around the human head. Make sure the feature position on the IR image can match the the same feature position on the DC image. Such as the ear, top left face corner, neck, etc.
19. What's the minimum computer requirement?
Computer with windows 7 or 10 OS and
- Core i5 7020 or above processor.
- 8GB or larger memory.
- 2x USB ports, USB 3.0 is better
- More than 20GB of available hard disk space.
- 1024 x 768 display minimum, 1400 or higher is recommended.
- Independent video card is recommended.
- Internet access.
- Audio output.
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse, or compatible pointer device.
- Microsoft windows 7, 32/64 bit (you need to install. Net framework 4.0 or the program will not work normally), or
- Microsoft windows 10, 32/64 bit
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.